Monday, November 21, 2016

Irrigation renovation progress report Week 2

Finally we have moved on to hole 11.  I'm not sure who was happier the construction crew or me to move out of the rockiest soil on the course.  Sure enough as soon as we passed the teeing area on 11 the large trencher started eating soil like nobody's business.  I watched it trench about 70 yards of 3 foot deep trench in about 10 minutes.  It had previously taken us a day to get that far.  So conditions have gotten much better.  We are still running into a boulder here and there but they are to be expected by looking at the surface indicators, lack of grass or droughty looking area. 
The current location of the crew with mainline is #12.  The lateral crews are wrapping up the fairway on the 11th hole.
The machine appears to be gaining some steam.  I hope that we start to see about a hole and a half completed per week.  When I use the term completed I am referring to pipe in the ground with heads in place.  There is still work to be done on the completed holes.  Debris piles must be removed, boulders removed, cart path cuts have to be re-poured, plow lines have to be rolled out, and many other cleanup projects must be completed. 
Projections for next week.  I hope to see #12 Tee, Fairway and Natural Area completed.  Also I am hopeful to see some work done on #13 Fairway and Green also.  This is a large completion list for our progress so far but the closer we move toward #14 the higher quality the soil will be. 
Also I am sure if you have visited the course in the last few days you have noticed the pond on #18 getting very low.  We are pumping it down in order to install the new wet well and intake line that are the base for our awesome new pump station.


No comments:

Post a Comment