|The Problem Hole is 2 feet wide|
The pond was as low as it was going to get and we were in the middle of the dry season (late October). We Brought in an Excavator to search to find the problem. The more we dug the wetter the hole got. We were running two 2 inch trash pumps to keep the water out and we could barely keep up with the water coming out of the fissure I took 3 attempts with the excavator to clean up the hole. At this point we were getting out of the dry season and having to schedule around weather events, but we finally got close enough to the fissure to attempt to plug it with the Bentonite.
link to a video of the underground stream in action